My close encounter of the bat kind

Ok I've been here almost two weeks now and the one thing that kills me about this place is how hot it is! I have never been this hot in my entire life. The place is so hot that there is NO cold water, when you open the cold water tap you get lukewarm water! If you want cold water, use the fridge. The heat is constant and intense, the sun just shines down without any mercy. When I initially came here I could not understand why everyone was walking around carrying umbrellas in clear weather, I'm now officially an umbrella carrier, there is no way you can walk around here without one. Here you go into store not to buy but to enjoy the aircon. It is so hot that people don't only walk around with umbrella but with face cloths as well. Yes ladies face cloths cause using a tissue is child's play and wearing make-up is just a waste of good make-up.

On top of that there is the wildlife..... yes there are malaria carrying mosquitos here and sleeping with a mosquito net is a must. There is nothing I hate more than being sick, even at home they know that when someone is sick I keep as far away from that person as possible. I don't want no one infecting me with whatever they have. This is one of the reasons why I'm even embarking on this natural everything journey, so consider this situation from my perspective. So I am armed with a mosquito net, an electronic mosquito repellent and a mosquito repellent spray that I can spray all over my body. Honey no mosquito is coming anywhere near this girl.

Mh... as if mozzies are not enough, the other disease carrying pests of this area are bats! Yes, bats..... rabies, nipah, hendra, ebola, marburg carrying bats. These diseases are just a few from a long list. Ok, so you can imagine how frightened I am of them, so guess what happened? Yes, you got it right, I had a one to one encounter with one. I was scared out of my mind! Mind you I'm not a screamer but when that bat flew in.... I lost my mothereffin mind. I have never ran so fast or screamed so louder in my life. So you must be wondering, how did this happen? Well, let me break it down for you.

Mhlabuyalingana is hell hot, so in my attempt to cool myself I switched off all the lights and opened every door or window I could find. This was great cause cool air started streaming in. Oh Lord it was heavenly, now the sun started setting and just when I thought about closing because of mozzies I remembered the stuff I had, so I continued enjoying myself. Mind you I had been warned of the bats and snakes but thought ah, they probably being cautious. So what happened was the flew in probably thinking that this was another bat cave or something.

I screamed so loud people thought I must have been bitten by a snake or something! They all laughed at me when I told them and said that they had warned me.... I for one did not see the humour in the situation but they took care of the bat and from then on, no open windows for me!

Comments

  1. Hello everybody i am Gloria by name i am here to share to you all how dr ehi helped my family in getting rid of our herpes virus 1/2 with the help of his powerful natural cure which is safe and future secured traditional treatment all you have to do is to contact him via his email shomorikaspelltemple@yahoo.com or whatsapp him 2349035080936.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Amazing African Cranberry Juice Concentrate

Kwamhlabuyalingana

Green Symbolizes the Earth, Agriculture, Fertility